Website for CAT preparation material.MBA, Engnieering & Medical entrance exams.GD topics.
Website for CAT preparation material.MBA, Engnieering & Medical entrance exams.GD topics.

Ask a Question:








Current GD TopicsGD Topic list Current Gd topics list

UK Student Visa

Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF9. This form has to be filled up by the student and submitted to the embassy, along with the Visa application fee and the required documents as mentioned below.

If the course is for a period greater than 6 months then you will be able to work part-time during the course of your studies (full-time during vacations).

If your course is for a period less than 6 months then you may be able to enter as a student visitor.

If your application is successful, they will allow you to stay in the UK for the full length of your course, and for some time (depending on the type and length of your course) after your course finishes.

Points-based system

As a Tier 4 (General) student, you must have 40 points in our points assessment. You can score:

  • 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a 'Tier 4 sponsor'), and for having acceptable English language skills; and
  • 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs.

Important points..

Your course of study

Study full-time in the UK on a course that meets the additional requirements below; or undertake a recognised Foundation Programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist in the UK (see 'More information' below); or work as a student union sabbatical officer in the UK.

Your education provider

If a UK education provider wants to teach international students, it must apply to us for a Tier 4 sponsor licence. If we approve the education provider's application, we will give it a licence and add it to our register of Tier 4 sponsors.

Your English language skills

You Should be competent in English at a minimum of level B1 or B2 of the CEFR level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) depending on confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) was assigned to you before 21 April 2011 or after it respectively.

Confirmation of acceptance for studies

Before you can apply for permission to enter or remain in the UK under Tier 4 (General), your education provider must assign a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) to you.

Your money

This section explains how to show that you can cover your course fees and your living costs when you apply for an adult student visa under Tier 4 (General) of our points-based system.

Cat pattern
Ask a Question