Engineering degrees after 12th (10+2)
Engineering is a great career option.Engineers always have choice of good jobs as well as creative option to leverage their talent.
There are 3 main engineering degrees available after completing schooling (10+2).
- BE (Bachelor of engineering)
- BTech (Bachelor of technology)
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
The Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) is an undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student four years of studying engineering at university or college.
In India,B.E. is equivalent to B.tech. BE/BTech is a degree awarded by universities to students who have completed four years (eight semesters) worth of coursework related to a specific branch of engineering.The AICTE and the Indian Government are responsible for approving engineering colleges and branches/courses. Only those universities which have been approved by these bodies can award degrees which are legally valid and are accepted as qualifiers for jobs in the central/state government and in the private sector.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
Bachelor of Technology degree is used by the highly ranked and autonomous institutes such as Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT formerly UDCT) for professional engineering programs. Most other institutions in India are affiliated to a university and thus use the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree.
Eligibility for entry is 10+2 years of school education. Generally the first year (first two semesters) is common to all branches, and has the same subjects of study. Courses divert after first year. The medium of instruction and examination is English. Most universities follow the Marks System for grading instead of the Credit System. Generally, universities in India offer BE/BTech in the following branches: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical (and Electronics), Electronics (and Communications and/or Telecom) Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Production Engineering, Systems Science and Biomedical Engineering.
B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
The Bachelor Architecture, Bachelor Architecture (Interior Design) is a five-year full time professional degree programme accredited by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi- a statutory body of Government of India that regulates architectural education in India. Stage-I of the B.Arch. programme is also accredited by the Commonwealth Association of Architects, London. The B. Arch programme is recognized by the Indian Institute of Architects.
Types of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Biological/Chemical Engineering: Including Biochemical, Biomedical, Biosystems, Biomolecular, and Chemical engineering
- Chemical Engineering: Deals with the process of converting raw materials or chemicals into more useful or valuable forms
- Clean Technology:Use energy, water and raw materials and other inputs more efficiently and productively. Create less waste or toxicity. Deliver equal or superior performance.
- Civil Engineering: This is a wide-ranging field including building engineering, civil engineering, construction engineering, industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, materials and control engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering/Electronic Engineering: Very diverse field including Computer Engineering, Communication/Communication systems engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Microelectronic Engineering, Microelectronics, Nanotechnology, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Systems, Wireless and Telecommunications, Photovoltaic and Power Engineering
- Electrical Controls Engineering: A relatively new and more specialized subdiscipline of Electrical Engineering that focuses on integrating Electrical Controls, and their programming.
- Engineering Management: Which is the application of engineering principles to the planning and operational management of industrial and manufacturing operations
- Environmental Engineering: Includes fields such as Environmental, Geological, Geomatic, Mining, Marine, and Ocean engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering: Is the application of science and engineering principles to protect people and their environments from the destructive effects of fire and smoke.
- Geomatics Engineering: The acquisition, modeling, analysis and management of spatial data. Focuses on satellite positioning, remote sensing, land surveying, wireless location and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Geotechnical Engineering: A combination of civil and mining engineering, and involves the analysis of earth materials.
- Information Science and Engineering same as as Information technology.
- Industrial Engineering: Which studies facilities planning, production management, statistical quality control, etc.
- Instrumentation engineering: which is a branch of engineering dealing with measurement
- Manufacturing Engineering: Includes operations management and production management
- Materials Engineering: Includes metallurgy, polymer and ceramic engineering
- Mechanical Engineering: Includes engineering of machines and engines. Explores the applications of the theoretical field of Mechanics.
- Production Engineering: Includes engineering of machines and management. Explores the applications of the theoretical field of Mechanics.
- Nuclear Engineering: Customarily includes nuclear fission, nuclear fusion, and related topics such as heat/thermodynamics transport, nuclear fuel and/or other related technology (e.g., radioactive waste disposal), and the problems of nuclear proliferation. May also include radiation protection, particle detectors, and medical physics.
- Systems Science: Focuses on the analysis, design, development and organization of complex systems