Common Admission Test (CAT) took place on Sunday, November 19, 2006 for admission in MBA Programmes
- Number of questions: 75 Questions
- Time limit: 150 minutes
- Marks: 300 marks
- Negative marking: yes (25% negative for wrong answers)
- Section: 3 sections, No sectional time limits
- Options: 5 answer options per question
Questions per section
- Logical reasoning - Data interpretation (LR-DI) : 25 questions
- Verbal ability (VA): 25 questions
- Quantitative analysis (QA): 25 questions
CAT 2006 was a surprise for every one as it comes with lot of new things which are far apart from the past CAT tests.First time there were 5 options were available for each question.Questions in VA section are not usual.Options in VA section is pretty close to each other which made it tougher.Grammer had been absent.
LR - DI
Total 25 questions in CAT 2006 LR-DI section. 5 easy questions for LR.20 questions for Data interpretation consisting 5 from networks.5 from tabular DI and 10 tough questions from caselets.
Total 25 questions in CAT 2006 quantitative analysis section. Break down was as below
- Algebra 8 questions
- Number Systems 5 questions
- Geometry 4 questions
- percentage 1 question
- Ratios 3 questions
- Speed 1 question
- Permutations and Combinations 2 questions
- Set Theory 1 question
Total 25 questions in CAT 2006 Verbal ability section. 3 tough RCs of 5 questions each.there was one set of 5 questions on the Fact-Inference-Judgment .The remaining 5 questions involved identifying the best last sentence in a paragraph -- once again fairly tough.