- Number of questions: 90 Questions
- Time limit: 150 minutes
- Marks: 300 marks
- Negative marking: yes (25% negative for wrong answers)
- Section: 3 sections, No sectional time limits
- Options: 5 answer options per question
Questions per section
- Logical reasoning - Data interpretation (LR-DI) : 25 questions
- Verbal ability (VA): 40 questions
- Quantitative analysis (QA): 25 questions
CAT 2008 paper was of a slightly difficult level. There was an increase in the total number of questions – from 75 to 90 (as compared to the last year), with English section comprising of 40 questions (an increase of 15 from last year) and Quant and DI having 25 questions each.The two changes that were different from last year were the increased weightage of the English section and the less number of questions in the data interpretation section in CAT 2008. A better wat to deal with these changes was to attempt more questions in VA and achieve high accuracy in Data Interpretation.
LR - DI
Logical reasoning and Data interpretatation section was traditional in CAT 2008.There was 13 questions for DI & 12 for LR.
Total 25 questions in CAT 2008 quantitative analysis section. Break down was as below
- Algebra 9 questions
- Arithmatic 1 question
- Data sufficiency 2 questions
- Geometry 5 questions
- Morden maths 6 questions
- Numberic logice 2 question
The weightage for the section increased: the number of questions increased to 40, while the marks for each question were still the same.The English section, with more choices, was easier to handle. The verbal section of CAT 2007 was fairly straightforward: 13 VA/VR questions and 12 RC questions (4 passages with 3 questions each).