Cloning is good or bad?
Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of an existing or previously existing human. The various forms of human cloning are controversial. There have been numerous demands for all progress in the human cloning field to be halted. Most scientific, governmental and religious organizations oppose reproductive cloning.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and other scientific organizations have made public statements suggesting that human reproductive cloning be banned until safety issues are resolved.
Serious ethical concerns have been raised by the future possibility of harvesting organs from clones. Some people have considered the idea of growing organs separately from a human organism - in doing this, a new organ supply could be established without the moral implications of harvesting them from humans.
Research is also being done on the idea of growing organs that are biologically acceptable to the human body inside of
other organisms, such as pigs or cows, then transplanting them to humans.
Because of recent technological advancements, the cloning of animals (and potentially humans) has been an issue. Many religious organizations oppose all forms of cloning, on the grounds that life begins at conception.
The first hybrid human clone was created in November 1998, by Advanced Cell Technologies. It was created from a man's leg cell, and a cow's egg who’s DNA was removed. It was destroyed after 12 days. On January, 2008, Wood and Andrew French,Stemagen's chief scientific officer in California, announced that they successfully created the first 5 mature human embryos using DNA from adult skin cells.
On December 28, 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the consumption of meat and other products from cloned animals. Cloned-animal products were said to be virtually indistinguishable from the non-cloned animals.Furthermore, companies would not be required to provide labels informing the consumer that the meat comes from a cloned animal.
Favor (Cloning is good)
- Cloning extinct and endangered species: Cloning can be helpful for the saving the species of living beings which are in danger on earth. For example tiger is a species which is in danger.
- Cloning humans can be useful for supply of human organs. So many people are dying due to the failure of organs everyday.
- Few people from our society see cloning as way to make humans super powerful by experimenting with human body and
reproducing the super humans with extra ordinary capabilities which few animals have. For example what would happen if
humans can hear like a dog? The hearing ability of a dog is in range of hearing is approximately 40 Hz to 60 kHz, which is much greater than that of humans
Against (Cloning is bad)
- Traditions, belief and core assumption of human society says we all are created by nature (god) and this basic belief can’t be disturbed. So if we start reproducing the humans we are just about to break the base of human core assumption.
- Messing up the natural process of creation of living beings can be dangerous and it can destroy the balance.
- Using the organs of any cloned human is not acceptable without his agreement.People who are trying to clone the humans are ready to take the responsibility of cloned child? Like our parents do?
- Cloned living beings can have genetic issues which can make them suffer for whole life.
Cloning can be extremely useful or extremely dangerous for the living beings. So before keeping the step to the next era humans should think meticulously and take decision very carefully.
Contributed by: Studyfreak