Content on internet should be censored!
Internet censorship is the control or suppression of the publishing of, or access to information on the Internet. It may be carried out by governments or by private organizations either at the behest of government or on their own initiative. Individuals and organizations may engage in self-censorship on their own or due to intimidation and fear.
Internet censorship in India is selectively practiced by both federal and state governments. While there is no sustained government policy or strategy to block access to Internet content on a large scale, measures for removing content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable, or that endangers public order or national security have become more common in recent years.
- The words and images users post on the Internet may be available for years, and your profile may be viewed by future employers and school admissions officials, as well as identity thieves, spammers, and stalkers. This information can be used for the different purpose without any acknowledgement to user.
- Many individuals and groups are using the social networking sites to provoke the users against the government. It's all politically motivated. They are using the tactics which are not acceptable in real world.
- Apart from political motives many terrorist and racist organizations are using the social media for hurting the emotions of people and spewing hate against the castes, religions and races.
- Internet is in a completely in chaos due to less censorship. There is need to censor the content and usage or the internet. People are abusing each other anonymously there is no one out on internet who can take care on these Problems. We need internet police.
- Internet censorship is not at all about the hindering the freedom it is about the mapping the virtual world with the real world ethics.
- Internet is an open and free medium. It can be accessed by anyone by anywhere. That is the power of internet. If government start censoring voices of the people then internet will lose its charm.
- I agree that on internet and on social media websites lot of content available which could be against few groups or government. But content available is a view of another group. We cannot stop people of keeping a different perception. We can't hinder the freedom.
- The content available on different forums or social networking sites should always have a report feature. If a person or group find it offensive they can report it. And the site could take action on the content. Need is to make generic standards for all sites to filter the content based on the hate. This mechanism is already there so what is need to censor further.
- Why government needs to control the content. Political parties can be use the content for their personal profit. Parties would censor only content what is against them not against the opposition. So if required to regulate there must be a third party censorship firm or agency or regulatory body. Which can take action without partiality.
- There is no need to censor the internet. What is required is require is to setup a mechanism or regulatory body which can take care of websites to manage their content.
- Internet is free medium and no one should have right to censor things on it.
Contributed by: Studyfreak