New GMAT from JUNE 2012
Address: Most probably starting from June 2012, the GMAT pattern will change
1. Length of GMAT test would be same. The total time of the test will remain same which is 3 Ĺ hours, so the total time it takes to sit the GMAT will remain constant. No worries for banging your head on screen for more time.
2. Section for verbal and Quantitative would be same. Those sections will contain the same content and be scored exactly as they are now. The total score will be the same, so older preparation materials for GMAT will still be applicable.
3. New section of integrated reasoning will not be adaptive. The Verbal and Quantitative will remain adaptive, but this new section will not adjust difficulty level based on your ability. You will still need to answer all of the questions, and take each question one at a time. You wonít be able to skip around within this section.
4. New types of questions included. There will be 4 new types of questions as Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Multi-Source Reasoning, and Two-Part Analysis. While there isnít a lot of information yet available on these new questions, you can see examples here: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen/new-questions.aspx
5. Number of essays will decrease by one. The new Integrated Reasoning section will replace one of the AWA essays, so you will only have to write 1 essay instead of 2. The essay will take 30 minutes instead of 1 hour, and the Integrated Reasoning will take 30 minutes.
All this would happen if world doesn't end before June 2012 :)